IDENTITY.MOVE! offers a transnational platform for theoretical and artistic research in the field of contemporary dance and related performing arts, focusing on the „Eastern Belt“ of the European Union, i.e. the countries stretching from the Baltic Sea down to the Mediterranean.
IDENTITY.MOVE! provides a forum for exchange and artistic production to young emerging artists and curators of the involved countries and thereby links the local scenes to the experience of Western and Southern European protagonists.
The aims of IDENTITY.MOVE! are:
• to initiate a debate on identity issues in contemporary dance and related performing arts in the Eastern Belt of the European Union
• to encourage artists from the Eastern Belt of the European Union to undertake identity-oriented artistic investigations/activities and provide them with appropriate professional working conditions, necessary knowledge and artistic coaching
• to integrate dance professionals (artists, scholars, dance critics) from the Eastern Belt of the European Union by means of research, workshops and conferences
• to contribute to the development of a new language on contemporary dance in the Eastern Belt of the European Union
• to share knowledge: the project promotes an intercultural and interdisciplinary exchange amongst protagonists from 15 different EU countries (dance professionals, artists, scholars, critics) through providing a platform for a continuous dialogue on identity issues
• to establish a link between the theoretical discourse and contemporary dance practice
IDENTITY.MOVE! is a cooperation project coordinated by Goethe-Institut e.V. Warsaw branch office in cooperation with Centre for Culture Lublin, O.s. Motus Prague and the State School of Dance in Athens plus 14 associated local partner institutions in 14 European countries. The project is funded with support from the European Commission.
Station has proposed the participation of artists Ana Dubljević, choreographer and Milan Marković, dramaturge for this project.